2008年7月10日

Lilei and Hanmeimei

Lilei and Hanmeimei become popular overnight , I searched it on wikipedia, no results returned.

So ,I'd like to write something about it.
They are characters of the English text books once used by millions of Chinese students,along with them ,there are Leifeng ,Luxun, and many other moral models.
Then why did these ordinary characters become popular? I guess it's because we like ordinary people ,we like something we are familiar with. We like them because they taught us how to use English, and they were the same school kids as we were.

I've been learning politics from my childhood ,but I can't remember what I have learnt ,I just remember there is a guy named Max ,maxisim is great ,our government is great.So the conclusion is Hanmeimei's influence is much greater than Max , however ,if you don't believe it , you can check the price of T-shirt printed with Max and Hanmeimei.

The internet made them unattractive to young Chinese students who watch western TV serials,like Friends, to learn English, but it make Hanmeimei popular again among those elder ones.

It's more than nostalgia.

If you are interested, visit Lilei and Hanmeimei for more.

It is kind of suffering when I first write some articles in Chinese, now I encounter the same problem when write in English. I need some encourage. :-)

 

4 条评论:

匿名 说...

ORZ...真有这个网站。还是个卖周边的,囧

狮子真好吃啊! 说...

I post all non-H content on this topic here http://www.douban.com/group/topic/2197467/

匿名 说...

There is no LiLei and HanMeiMei in my English text book...What a pity!!!

mw 说...

匿名同学是上海的? 我上海的朋友都没用过这个教材...

@najja 您真八卦 专门建了这个组....

发表评论